- Grab your favorite drawing medium to start. I cover examples with both the iPad Pro & Procreate and traditional pencils.
- In this class, we’ll walk through basic fundamentals to build your drawing skills. So beginners and intermediate artists should feel right at home.
Learn the drawing fundamentals every artist should know- How to draw for beginner and intermediate artists and illustrators.
What we’ll cover in class:
- How to draw simple shapes (circles, triangles, squares, etc.)
- Breaking your subject down into shapes
- How to simplify complex curves into angles
- How to draw by looking at negative space
- Techniques for drawing
- Drawing upside down trick
- Using horizontal and vertical lines to check proportions
- How to draw forms (spheres, cubes, and cylinders)
- Breaking your subject down into forms
- Values and creating a value scale
- How to shade realistically
- How to draw with rhythms/ How to draw lyrically
- Experimenting with your drawing materials and brushes
- Ideas on how you can practice drawing
- Drawing from life example
- Drawing from a photo example
- Drawing from the masters like John Singer Sargent and Andrew Loomis
- How to make quick gesture drawings
- Ideas for drawing from your imagination
- Tips for beginner artists
Go back to the basics and learn how to draw anything with drawing techniques
About this class:
In this course, I’ll walk you through the basic fundamentals of drawing to help you build your drawing skills!
You will learn how to see your subjects as basic shapes, how to confidently place your subject on your paper with simple angles, and how to draw by observing the negative space.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner artists interested in sharpening their drawing skills through practice and drawing projects
- Intermediate artists looking to advance their skillset with drawing tips and tricks