- A fresh mindset and curiosity of learning is more than enough
Marketing strategy course designed by an MBA graduate from the syllabus of top Universities in the world.
This course is very helpful for all those who are either preparing for GMAT or planning to do an MBA. It is divided into four different sections like Marketing Basics Overview, Marketing insights and analysis, Branding and communication, and Business Strategy and will cover all the important topics of Marketing in MBA. The last section of the module will further help you in understanding various strategies used by companies
1. Marketing Overview
- What is marketing?
- Demand wants and needs & Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
- How money flows in the modern Economy
- STP (Segmentation targeting and positioning)
- Marketing Mix i.e 4P’s (Product, Price, Place, Promotions) and 7P’s of Marketing.
- SWOT analysis
2.Marketing insights and analysis
a) Analyzing Consumer
- Generation characteristics
- The adoption curve for any product or service
- How Customer Insights helps in segmenting and targeting
b) Designing SAAS and Sales funnel
- Why SAAS is special
- Designing a SAAS startup
- Understanding Customer lifetime value, Customer Acquisition cost, Unit economics for startups
- what are Marketing Funnel/Sales funnel for a product
c) Business analysis
- Product and market segmentation
- Communication channels
- Marketing funnels
- Unit economics
d) Marketing Information System
- Types of data
- Recommendation engine
- What is a Marketing Intelligence system
- Types of data used in MIS
- Data-driven recommendation engine
- How does a recommendation engine work?
3.Marketing communication and branding
- What is branding and the advantages of branding?
- Types of branding?
- Tesla brand positioning and Product differentiation using POP and POD (perceptual map)
- Emotional branding and Brand mantra(Communicate simplify and inspire)
- Brand equity (Perception, preference, and behavior)
- BAV model and brand resonance model
- Brand revitalization
- Line extension product extension and category extension
- Brand dilution
- Service marketing Service marketing triangle
4.Business Strategy (Sales and Expansion)
- What is a business strategy Why do we need it
- Market structure(leader, challenger, follower, and nickers strategy )
- Porter five competitive forces (Competitive rivalry, Threat of new entrance, Power of suppliers, Power of customers, Threat of substitute products)
- Marketing competition and Defensive marketing (preemptive, counteroffensive, flank, contraction, mobile attack)
- Follower strategy (product imitation, conscious parallelism cloner, imitator, and adapter)
- Samsung Horizontal and vertical expansion to achieve economy of scope and economy of scale.
- Amazon killing competition strategy using diversification
- Apple ecosystem strategy
- Lenskart omnichannel integration
- Product life cycle
- Expanding the market share pie using the Ansoff matrix
- Price cut strategy (low-quality trap, fragile market share trap, shallow pockets trap, price war trap)
- Zero cost marketing strategy
Who this course is for:
- Business graduate from college.
- Budding Entrepreneur and startup founders
- Engineer curious to learn some MBA concepts